Sunday, April 17, 2011

A forest line

 I love clothes lines. I love the freshness. And I love where my line (our old climbing rope) is situated. Down in the gully near the water source and near my toilet plunger ready to go to work. Yep, I said toilet plunger. It is an amazing washing machine if you provide the muscle.
 In the old days with four to six small bed wetting kids the muscles needed were enormous and the 'fun of it' sent us to the local laundromats. I can still hear the soul-destroying dryer's whir.


Now. With just myself, Dennis and one big kid, albeit a piggy one. I can't think of a more Zen like way to do a batch.  Don't even have to wring it out, the water is way too cold for that. Drip dry, that's what I say. Talk about a small, small footprint in the world of laundry. Something to smile big about.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great information and inspiration, which we all need! I really appreciate the efforts made by you for this. Well Done! Thanks for sharing the information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tanu, for commenting, and thank you for being interested. It is also inspirational to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete