Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back to bush time

What did you find there? Did you stand a while and stare? Well, lemme tell you. I stayed. I saw. I saw some more and looked around. A lot. Because home on the range has gotten a little strange, in the unusual sense. At least in the daylight hours. Which is to say I've had to go down to the lowlands, down to the town, and take me a job. A strange and innovative way to top up the coffers to the level still required as this project, which is to say, this fine life we are livin' gets under way. So I thought I might as well get a good one and do shit that I love to do. Which has all been a little engrossing for the past couple months, involving those oft cited evenings and weekends and the required willingness we often see attached to them. But it's all coolin' off now and this weekend I got to get back out on the spring mud and participate in home a little bit.  Tick a few things off that list that rides to town in my head every morning and updates every evening as I pull up the driveway. A bit of an adjustment though, it turns out, to go from going places and doing other things while thinking about the list to being here and actually damn well doing something. Where to start? With the first step, as my old friend Ken Chapman used to say. Which first step? Which project? Which of so many things I've been dying to do. So I stared some more. Looked around. Finally took Tammy's advice and quit worrying about it. Went with the stand around and the stare. Sure enough, focus followed. Elsewhere fell away. The late snow quit, the sun warmed the good spring mud and some shit started getting done.                    
                                                                                                                                                       -D

No comments:

Post a Comment